Who is Thomas Martin???









Welcome to Thomas Martin Catering. I am glad you could all be here, now sit back and enjoy posts on good eating, recipes and info on upcoming catering events.




Now a Little about me. My name is Thomas Martin. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina with my beautiful wife, Sarah Martin, an amazing realtor with Savvy, my favorite little girl, Ellie, who just celebrated her 1st Birthday August 8th, and my two dogs, Kaya (a husky/ wolf) and Moose (malamute). We live in Plaza Midwood, my favorite neighborhood in Charlotte. I am a Chef at Basil Thai Cuisine downtown (Uptown Charlotte) and have been there for a little over a year. I also do the desserts there so make sure to come in and try our new seasonal cheesecake. It's a pumpkin marble cheesecake with an Oreo crust. They have been a big hit. I went from making 1 a week to now making 3 and running out by the end of the weekend!!!




I moved to Charlotte in 2004 where I attended The Art Institute of Charlotte. While in school, I helped open Lulu on Central Ave. I worked there for the first year it was open and then became the Sous Chef at the Pewter Rose and was there for the next two years. After having an amazing time at our wedding in Charleston, South Carolina we decided to move there and try coastal living for awhile. I was the Sous Chef for a very busy catering company and helped open a little Greek restaurant. We were getting settled in to our new town when we got the best news possible...SARAH IS PREGNANT!!! So back to Charlotte we came. Now I have been at Basil ever since.








I have recently started my own company, Thomas Martin Catering, and am very pumped about this new adventure. It has been up for almost a two months and I have had 4 jobs and one this Tuesday. I have been doing a lot of brokers' open houses, and this past weekend did and open house on Ashland in Plaza Midwood where my wife was shooting an episode of the HGTV hit series My First Sell. That was a fun event there were cameras and sound people and waivers to sign and lots of people walking around, craziness!!!




top